Monday 19 October 2009

Good times... and cliches

Hey Danny Boy,

I have news! You remember my magical friend? Well... he's now officially my magical boyfriend!

And... oh, it's all so magical and perfect.

Ok, ok, early days, I know that. It's the "honeymoon period" an'all that, but... y'know what? I kinda have a good feeling about this one.

I *know* just from being friends how much Mr Magic would do - and has done - for me. He has literally risked everything for me in the past. I think the world of him, and he's told me numerous times over the years that I am his life. I finally believe him. Well, me and his kid... we're his life. And I like that!

I've never been one to go out looking for a boyfriend. I've never thought "I want a boyfriend". And the same can be said for now... I didn't and don't want a boyfriend... I just want Mr Magic. And he wants me!

I still can't quite believe this is happening, I really can't. I mean, I've known this guy since school... we became best friends after he kicked a football in my face (he says) accidentally. So we've been bestest friends for about 15 years... and now I'm kissing him! lol Mutual friends have always said in the past "oh, you two should sooo get together, you spend all your time together anyway" and we've both given the standard response "urgh... no way, man". But, actually, it's not that "urgh" after all!

In fact... he's amazing. He's totally spoiling me. Treating me like a princess. Let me tell you what he did last night... the sweetest thing!

I'd spent the day with him and his kid - we'd been for coffee, looked around the shops, walked by the river, went for Sunday dinner, then he'd dropped me off at home. I went to bed relatively early as was sleepy... then he called me and woke me up at half 11... he couldn't sleep coz he hadn't given me a good night kiss and could he come give me one. Now, he doesn't live miles away, but it's a good 20-minute drive... but he got out of his bed, threw tracky bottoms and a jumper on, and drove over to my house at almost midnight just to give me a good night kiss... aww, and that kiss! I went to the front door, he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a tight squeeze... he smelt all lovely and sleepy. Then he pulled back, kissed my forehead, the tip of my nose, my cheek, then brushed his thumb across my bottom lip before smiling the sweetest smile and kissing me good night. I so wanted him to stay with me after that!

We were spending almost every night together before we got together, let alone after... so we've put a rule on it now - every other night (or thereabouts) we will spend together. I'm just really cautious of it getting too full-on (yes, I have learnt from my big fat stupid mistakes), and I don't want to rush this one... we have all the time in the world. I stayed over at his place for the first time over the weekend. He has quite a complicated living situation at the moment, but he had the place mostly to himself (his beautiful kiddy was there) and we spent the evening together, and then the whole night.

Oh, and Daniel, before you start playing "big bro" and getting all protective... no, we haven't done *that* yet. I dunno... while the thought of it isn't as weird as it was a couple of weeks ago, I still think the first time together will be a bit strange. I mean, he's been like a brother to me at times! Oh gosh, how wrong does that sound!?

(Can I just apologise for how babbly this entry is?!)

So, yes... no, we haven't slept together yet. This might sound a bit sappy and make me sound like a hopeless romantic, but I kinda want the first time together to be special. I'm not saying it has to be all candles and moonlight, but... I dunno, just want it to be something we both remember, whatever happens in the future.

Anyway, enough talk of my (non)-sex life.

What was I saying? Yeh, so, Mr Magic and I are giving it a shot! And so far, so good... actually, so bloody brilliant! This is everything I've ever wanted in a guy - he's attentive, he makes me laugh til my sides hurt, he makes me smile so hard my jaw aches... I don't think I've stopped smiling for days! Whereas my last boyfriend hardly ever held my hand or put his arms around me, Mr Magic takes my hand everywhere we go and is proud to... he puts his arms around me at every given opportunity and holds me tight, doesn't let me go for just a little bit longer than usual... showing me how much he cares. And boy does he care. He's been so stressed out these past few weeks with everything with Mr E (yeh, who?! lol)...

While I'm (kinda) on the subject of Mr E... all I have to say about him is - *thank god* I came to my senses before I got even more involved. Yes, I did fall for him and, yes, ashamedly I did get hurt... but my fantastic friends (Mr Magic and Dizzy Gordon Bond) dragged me out of that pit of despair and, basically, were my knights in shining armour - I love them both enormously and definitely owe them one! (Not *one* like that, you perv!) Mr E is a coward... and I don't care if he's reading this anymore - he knows who he is. The last thing I said to him was that it broke my heart being the one who had to break it all off... he said back to me "sorry for breaking your heart" - he got it wrong... I said that *I* broke my heart when it was me who had to be the adult. He didn't break my heart... and anyway, my heart couldn't have been that broken, could it? Not really...

Anyways, I'm going to leave it there... I've babbled on enough. I'm hoping I'll be posting more regularly again now with tales of what my magical "boyfriend" has done... fingers crossed for me, Daniel!

Much love
Yours, Fleur xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment